Social Media Widgets EssentialsAuthor: DeltinaU
Build a robust and impressive online presence by learning to utilize social media widgets across all your Internet channels.
Widgets are the tools that bind the Social Web.
Widgets connect social media sites with blogs and websites; add interactivity and advanced features to websites; and help you share your content across the Internet.
And widgets are the first step toward a solid integration plan for your entire social media presence.
If you want to build a robust online presence, then you need to learn more than the basics about social media widgets.
Follow author and new media expert Deltina Hay as she discusses beginning and advanced topics on social media widgets, plugins, APIs, and more in an accessible way that anyone can follow.
Social Media Widgets Essentials' Topics include:
- An overview of buttons, badges, widgets, plugins, embed code, applications, and APIs
- Different types of widgets, such as social networking, RSS feed, and sharing widgets
- What widgets are, and the different ways they are implemented An introduction to plugins
- The widgets available on the WordPress.com blogging platform
- How plugins and widgets are used and implemented on a WordPress powered website
- How to create custom widgets
- An overview and demonstration of Twitter widgets and buttons
- A demonstration of Facebook social plugins and Facebook Page applications
- An overview and demonstration of LinkedIn buttons, badges, and Company Page plugins
- An exploration of Google Plus API tools and plugins
If you are ready to stand out and build an truly impressive online presence, then you are ready for Social Media Widgets Essentials.
Social Media Widgets Essentials
This lesson provides an overview of the course.
This lesson explores the different ways widgets are used in the social web and the types of widgets, including social networking widgets, RSS feed widgets, and sharing/subscribing widgets.
This lesson takes a closer look at what widgets are and the different ways they are implemented. The lesson also provides an introduction to plugins.
In this lesson, we explore the widgets available on the WordPress.com blogging platform.
In this lesson, we look at how widgets are used an implemented on a self-hosted WordPress website; as well as how to create custom widgets.
In this lesson, we have an overview of Twitter widgets and buttons, and demonstrate implementation methods.
In this lesson, we have an overview and demonstration of Facebook social plugins and Facebook Page applications.
In this lesson, we have an overview and demonstration of LinkedIn buttons, badges, and Company Page plugins; and explore Google Plus API tools and plugins.